Researching WWII Online WebinarOct 02, 2021
One place many people begin research for their World War II service member is online. While most of the records you need to reconstruct service history are not available online, you can find clues and unit or contextual information to add to your soldier’s story. Tools and strategies taught in this course will apply to WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam military research.
You will learn:
- Explain some myths and common questions about online research.
- Explain how to research using the collections on Ancestry.com and Fold3.com.
- Discuss other places you can find information online and how that can lead to offline resources.
- Explain where and how to connect with other researchers or European grave adopters.
- Discuss using social media to locate information.
This webinar will be held on Tuesday, October 26, a 7:00 p.m. CST. A replay will be available if you are unable to attend live. You will also receive my Ebook Finding the Answers: Discovering WWII Online.
To learn more, watch a short video, and register, visit the Researching WWII Online Registration Page.
© 2021 WWII Research & Writing Center